Hiflylabs is a Budapest-based company (founded in 2012). We have 150+ employees at this moment and we are constantly thriving. Our application development team and business intelligence experts work to provide effective solutions to business problems. We have a mix of Hungarian and international clients, including the finance, telecommunication, and energy sectors.
Tasks to support the internal team:
- Ensure that the database environments required for development are available on time and of the proper quality whether on-prem or cloud (Azure)
- Keep the database servers up to date and if it needed install the critical patches
- Ensure that the databases, database resources and the associated modules are continuously available and can be restored in case of an error
- Create user accounts and set permissions if it is required
- Proactively search for issues
- Automate toil
- Keep in contact with colleagues
Project related tasks:
- Support the environments of data warehouses, databases, visualizations, developed by Hiflylabs, either in cloud or on-prem
- You will be involved in the infrastructural support of running and starting projects, database installations and configuration of database environments
- You will coordinate performance
- Regularly participate in the preparation of Proactive Maintenance
- Documentation of Installed systems, services
- 2+ years of experience as a database administrator
- Knowledge and use of SQL/TSQL language
- Analytical thinking is fundamental to you
- You feel challenged by the technological solutions and their operation outside your comfort zone
- A variety of cryptic IT problems make you even more driven to solve them
- You are demanding of the work you do
- You are looking for new challenges and eager to learn and develop professionally
- You have no problems communicating in English with foreign colleagues
Nice to have
- Azure / AWS / GDP knowledge, course
- Experience in data warehouse operation
- CI/CD pipeline knowledge
- Knowledge of Script language / Python programming skills
- Experience in IT system administration
- Diverse projects: In each assignment there is always something new either on the technical or on the business side that helps you grow.
- Cutting edge technology: You will work with many of the most up-to-date technologies and tools.
- Strong and motivating team: We stress the importance of working together in tight-knit, cohesive teams in which members help each other to reach the common goal.
- Work-life balance: We help you to feel good individually as well, and coordinate work so as it should align with your leisure activities.
- Professional development: There are team gatherings on a regular schedule where colleagues can share their knowledge, and have deep technical discussions.
- Focus on company culture: In addition to our business and professional achievements we are proud of the social bonding in the company, which is based on mutual respect and helping one another.
- Personal mentoring: You will have your own mentor (just like everybody at Hiflylabs) who you can turn to with professional issues as well as with personal ones.