Hiflylabs is a Budapest-based company (founded in 2012). We have 150+ employees at this moment and we are constantly thriving. Our application development team and business intelligence experts work to provide effective solutions to business problems. We have a mix of Hungarian and international clients, including the finance, telecommunication, and energy sectors.
About the Company
We are a data-centric company: we devise solutions that help our clients to create business value from data. We build cloud data platforms and data warehouses, do data analysis and data visualization, apply data science to business problems, and even consult on data management.
We are building a company where it is satisfying to work, where there are professional challenges, and which is sustainable business-wise as well.
We are based in Budapest, Hungary. We have a mix of Hungarian and international clients; huge ones and small ones alike.
Our core team has been working together for over 20 years, and we have done several hundred data projects over the years. We have some 150 colleagues – and missing a few :).
We are proud of our teams and colleagues, as well as we are proud of the hundreds of data solutions we have built over the years. We want to be proud of you, too.
About the Job/What will you do?
- At Hiflylabs, we are looking to extend our Analytics Engineering team. This team typically works with international clients in small squads, almost exclusively in agile.
- We expect you to be an Analytics Engineer at heart: a data-oriented person with data/software engineering chops.
- You will be briefed on what the client wants on the business side (it’s in plain English and not overly complex).
- You then pick the technical components needed to fulfill those needs, mostly out of cloud services we routinely work with. Some of these are standard AWS or GCP platform services, some are even more modern ones, like Snowflake, dbt, Fivetran, or Looker. You help to scope the sprints as well.
- Sprint-by-sprint you take part in delivering a reliable, working solution that pleases the client and meets the business constraints as well.
- Finally we celebrate with you, and help you move on to the next challenge that advances your personal and professional development.
- You report to the CTO (who is managing the Analytics Engineering team). You usually touch bases a couple times per week – but you are expected to be self-sufficient, and you will not be micro-managed for sure.
- Design and implement Data Pipelines with platform services and serverless solutions
- Develop, and test ingestion pipelines from various sources
- Create data transformations with SQL, Python, PaaS and 3rd party tools (e.g. dbt)
- Automate data ingestion and transformation (often with Airflow or similar tools)
- Data transformation background: sound conceptual understanding and practical experience of data modeling and ETL processing, including extensive knowledge of SQL. As an orientation, you are likely to have 4+ intensive years in the field.
- Intermediate software development background, preferably in Python and/or focused on data transformation.
- At least some experience in cloud data management, preferably in AWS or GCP data stack components (primarily batch data management, storage, loading, transformation of structured data structures, Data Lake storage and management tools)
- Strong technical and business English (oral, reading and writing)
- Hungarian is a must have
- Team player, dependable, delivers on promise
- Proactive in finding solutions
- Eager to learn and improve
- Diverse projects: In each assignment there is always something new either on the technical or on the business side that helps you grow.
- Cutting edge technology: You will work with many of the most up-to-date technologies and tools of data engineering.
- Strong and motivating team: We stress the importance of working together in tight-knit, cohesive teams in which members help one another to reach the common goal.
- Work-life balance: We help you to feel good individually as well, and coordinate work so as it should align with your leisure activities.
- Professional development: There are team gatherings on a regular schedule where colleagues can share their knowledge, and have deep technical discussions.
- Focus on company culture: In addition to our business and professional achievements we are proud of the social bonding in the company, which is based on mutual respect and helping one another.
- Personal mentoring: You will have your own mentor (just like everybody at Hiflylabs) who you can turn to with professional issues as well as with personal ones.