Hiflylabs is a data-centric company: we devise solutions that help our clients to create business value from data. We build cloud data platforms and data warehouses, do data analysis and data visualization, apply data science to business problems, and even consult on data management.
We are building a company where it is satisfying to work, where colleagues face professional challenges, and which is sustainable business-wise as well.
At Hiflylabs, we are looking to extend our Analytics Engineering team. This team typically works with international clients in small squads, almost exclusively in agile.
What will you do?
- You will talk to the business side of clients, and help them discover what is or would be possible with their data, model their business with numbers, define technical requirements, work alongside them making sense of their figures, and take part in testing data from a business perspective.
- You will either be the lead on one or two projects at a time, or join a senior technical colleague – depending on the needs of the given client.
- We expect you to be a technically aware Data Analyst at heart: thrive to derive business value from existing data and look for opportunities to line up more data for more business value. You are expected to have a very business-oriented mindset and, at the same time, be at home in spreadsheets, explorative dashboarding, understand SQL, and perhaps even some Python. You are not expected to build production data pipelines, though.
- You will work with technical Analytics Engineers who design, develop, and run the pipelines that provide you with raw data, as well as data processed to your definitions.
- Sprint-by-sprint you take part in delivering solutions that please the client and result in measurable value on their side.
- Finally we celebrate with you, and help you move on to the next challenge that advances your personal and professional development.
- Your line manager is the Head of Analytics Engineering team with whom you usually touch bases a couple times a week.
Typical tasks include:
- Understand the client’s business model, their current issues, and how they map their business to data. Help them make sense of and verify their data and assumptions.
- Create a roadmap for the client and lead them along. Devise and/or revise data analytics practices for the specific situation to help the client to advance towards their business goals.
- Define work for the technical Analytics Engineers.
- Make sure that the delivered solution is both meaningful as well as correct.
- An overall thrive to take part in creating data-centric business solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills combined with a client-centric mindset.
- Data analytics background: sound conceptual and practical business understanding, coupled with implementation capability. You must have demonstrated end-user and technical exposure, and business impact over several projects in different industries. As an orientation, you are likely to have 3+ intensive years as a data analyst.
- Being able to work with business-oriented data models in both spreadsheets and databases. Querying in SQL, and managing even rather complex Excel/Google Sheets as a matter of course.
- Strong conversational and business English (oral, reading and writing). This will be your working language.
- Team player, dependable, delivers on promise
- Business orientation to understand both the client’s and Hiflylabs’ business
- Proactive in finding solutions
- Eager to learn and improve
- Diverse projects: In each assignment, there is always something new, either on the technical or the business side that helps you grow.
- Trending: We are at the leading edge of one of today’s hottest topics: data-driven business.
- Cutting-edge technologies: You will work with many of the most up-to-date technologies and tools.
- Strong and motivating team: We stress the importance of working together in tight-knit, cohesive teams in which members help one another to reach a common goal.
- Work-life balance: We help you to feel good individually as well, and coordinate work so as it should align with your leisure activities.
- Professional development: There are regular team gatherings on a regular schedule where colleagues can share their knowledge and have deep technical discussions.
- Focus on company culture: In addition to our business and professional achievements, we are proud of the social bonding in the company, which is based on mutual respect and helping one another.
- Personal mentoring: You will have your own mentor (just like everybody at Hiflylabs) who you can turn to with professional issues as well as personal ones.